NYS Boat Launches and Marinas Reopen
NY Gov. Cuomo, NJ Gov. Murphy, and CT Gov. Lamont announced marinas, boatyards, and marine manufacturers are open for personal use as long as strict social distancing and sanitization protocols are followed: https://www.governor.ny.gov/…/amid-ongoing-covid-19-pandemi…
New York State recognizes the importance of recreation and continues to encourage the public to get outside locally and responsibly to prevent the spread of COVID-19. To support the alignment of policies in NY, NJ, and CT and the region’s ongoing response to COVID-19, on April 18, ESD updated guidance on marinas and the use of boats that removed the temporary suspension on the use of boat launches for recreation.
Access to DEC and State Parks boat launches will be allowed if strict adherence to the CDC/NYSDOH guidelines for preventing the spread of colds, flu, and COVID-19 is followed:
– Try to keep at least six feet of distance between you and others.
– Avoid close contact, such as shaking hands.
– Wash hands often or use a hand sanitizer when soap and water are not available.
– Avoid surfaces that are touched often, such as rails, posts, and tie off cleats.
– Wear masks in public when appropriate social distancing cannot be maintained.
Photo: NYS Department of Environmental Conservation