USCG Approved where Required (*)
- One (1) life preserver* of proper size for each person on board
- Distress Flag*, Throwable Device*, Whistle or Horn, Anchor and Line, (3) Handheld Flares*.
- Navigation lights for night operation and fog.
- Children under 12 required to wear life preserver while underway.
In Addition (I/O and Inboards):
Boats 16’ to less than 26’:
- B-1 Fire Extinguisher*.
Boats 26’ to less than 40’:
- (2) B-1* or 1 B-11 Fire Extinguisher*
- Operators under 10 years old must be under direct supervision of person at least 18 years old.
- Operators from 10 to 17 years old, as above or with approved boating safety certificate.
- Handheld Flares* and Lights for night operation only.
Personal Water Craft:
- Operator must be 14 years old with approved boater safety certificate on board.
- Under 14 years old, must be accompanied by certified operator at least 18 years old.
- (1) Life Preserver* per person (must be worn).
- (1) B-1 Fire Extinguisher*
- “Cut Off” switch lanyard attached to driver.
- Whistle or Horn, Distress Flag*.
- Seating available for all people being towed.
* (USCG Approved)